Sunday, November 8, 2009

35 and loving it so far.....

so, i have to admit, i did approach this birthday with a little hesitation. hmmm....maybe part of it was i got a little email from my friend saying hey, it's almost your ama birthday, so i'm thinking almost middle aged? and she laughed and was like no, it's an ob gyn term: advanced maternal age! o.k., i think that was even worse. but then i started thinking, you know what, so some things in my life have not turned out within the timeline i would've expected, it has still been a great life and i feel so lucky to have the amazing friends and family and great opportunities i've had. my sister and i have this long running joke....this is your year!! but i really feel like it is, no matter what comes my way. it was actually more like a birthday week instead of day full of lots of surprises. i had lunches and dinners w/friends, some cute little surprises from the kids i work with, lots of fun calls/cards/texts from my family, a surprise cake from my young women and the other leaders and the best surprise was my mom and dad flying out for the day to be here w/me on my birthday. i know i lucked out in the parent dept. and feel so lucky they're mine. who else would be willing to fly in at 1:00, be here a few hours and then fly right back out at 7?

3 comments:

Shannon said...

HapPy BirThdAy Kim! Looks like you were very well taken care of. Enjoy 35! Hope it's a good one for you too.

Kammy T said...

Hooray! That is so cool of your parents. I think you are amazing, and 35 just makes that better. You have always had such a great attitude about life. And those white pants look awesome on you!

catharooni said...

i love bdays that end in 5 or 0 - so much more fun to CELEBRATE! 35 was great for me - hope it is for you, too!