Sunday, November 14, 2010

Beantown!!!








This weekend I was able to go to Boston and visit some really great friends of mine, John and Diane. Some funny background on our friendship: we met a little over a year ago when my friend Tonnette and I were getting ready to board on a Scandinavian cruise. As we arrived in Amsterdam, we ended up meeting John and Diane in the shuttle bus to our hotel. They saw I had a travel book on Amsterdam, and mistakenly took this to mean that I knew the city, after getting lost an entire day together, we became close friends and on the cruise spent tons of time together. They are an amazing couple, are fairly newlyweds, have been married a little over 5 years and are in their early 60's. Just goes to show that friends can be made in the unlikeliest of places and that age is just a number. They were the most awesome hosts and showed me the best time in Boston. Diane is Italian and grew up right in Boston and knows all the inside details of the city. Wish I could include a quick little snippet of video b/c her accent alone would crack you up. She is constantly trying to find me a man in Boston and was so disappointed that she couldn't find someone for me in the 3 days I was there :) In short, I am now in love....with Boston!! I had been there once before forever ago and remembered bits and pieces, but it is such a cool place with so much history, beauty and fun.

Some of the places/things we did were:

Plymouth Plantation/Mayflower
Salem: House of Seven Gables, Birthplace of Nathaniel Hawthorne, Site of witch trials
Harvard Square/Cambridge
North End: Little Italy
Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall

3 comments:

PDXTingeys said...

How fun! I'm so jealous, I love Boston.

Kim P. Edwards said...

What a fun trip!!! How neat, too, to have met such nice friends on another trip and then visit their home town. I love your blog, Kim - it is so fun.

Kammy T said...

OH I'm just dying to go to Boston. A life time ago I thought it would be the perfect place to go to grad school. Ha, ha. I'm glad you had a fun trip, and I'm not surprised at all that you makes friends of all ages wherever you go!