Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A New Addiction


It's official, I have a new show that is defnitely appointment television: "Rock the Reception" on TLC. For those of you who know me, it combines 2 of my favorite things: dancing and weddings. This is right up my alley. It is seriously hilarious, I'm just bummed I didn't think of it first. I think the best part is seeing the look on their guests faces when they don't expect them to break out into another dance.

So, a little synopsis of the show according to the TLC website: " Rock the Reception follows engaged couples as they plan and carry out an elaborate first wedding dance. World-class choreographers will work with bride, groom and bridal party to create an outrageous first dance that will knock the socks off their wedding guests.

The first dances will be choreographed to songs that range from the likes of "Thriller" to "Baby Got Back." With the couples having only a limited amount of time to learn an elaborate dance while also preparing for their wedding, tensions are sure to run high. No matter the outcome, the wedding guests are sure to see a first dance they'll never forget.

Still learning how to post video, but in the mean time, you have to pull it up through this, so funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np-8GrutlXM

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

k kim... weirdest thing!! my mom ABSOLUTELY LOVES that show!!!! on tuesday night, when she thought she missed it, she got all upset. but then at nine we turned the tv on and it was on she started SCREAMING her head off!! lol but i also like the show... i could just never picture me doing it! lol
well hope we c u soon!
-tay

Natalie said...

Kim, I will have to watch it tomorrow. I'm assuming that's when it's on. I'll let you know what I think.

Natalie said...

so I watched it the other night and thought it was funny at times. I liked the couple with the lady that has cancer. They are cute and made me choke up. The couple with the girl that started crying and her fiance was being crabby drove me nuts. Dave would hate that show. Kim, I could see you doing that with your fiance. LOL!

Melanie S said...

That sounds like a great show!!! I'm so bummed that Eric canceled our cable at times like this!! I hope you are doing well!