Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Carson's big day....






What a fun weekend, only wish it could’ve lasted longer! On Saturday my nephew Carson got baptized, so I flew out to Folsom for the baptism and to be with my fam. It was such a great baptism! All of the kids: McCall, Parker, Gracie and Bayden prayed, sang and gave talks, and it was so sweet how excited they all were for him. Seeing how excited Carson was about it was a good reminder to me of how fortunate we are to be able to be baptized and to know why we’re here. Seriously, because I think I take it for granted sometimes. Mark and Beck had a little dinner at their house after which was so fun to just be together and get all caught up. We had such a great time playing games, talking, eating, laughing, jumping on the tramp, etc… , etc…

On a side note, I know I always share my work stories here, but sometimes they're just too funny to not keep track and this way I'll remember them. So, today I was working with this really cute little boy who's 9. He has Asperger's and would seriously talk your ear off if he could and all about the most random topics. Anyway, I had pulled out this puzzle game to work with him and this is the conversation that followed:

Kim: "sorry, looks like I'm missing a piece of this puzzle. bummer, don't know where it could've gone"

Tommy (fictional name): "do you have any brothers?"

Kim: "yes"

Tommy: "do you have any little brothers?"

Kim: "yes I do"

Tommy: "Well, maybe he was playing with it and lost it"

Moral of the story: Guess I better call my "little" 30 year old brother and ask if he's been playing with my toys

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a Fun Weekend

Kammy T said...

What a fun weekend. I love 8-year-old baptisms, so sweet and pure!

I love your work stories, keep them coming.