Saturday, June 18, 2011

Sweet baby Allegra...



My sister in law Ali and my brother Mitch had the most beautiful baby girl, Allegra, on May 18th. She was born with Trisomy 18:which unfortunately due to the multiple complications consistent with this disorder cut her sweet life short. She passed away this morning and I have just felt so sad to not be able to see her grow up and sad for everything my brother and his family are going through. I feel so blessed that I was able to go out and spend time with Mitch, Ali and the kids and to hold and fall in love with Allegra. I don't know how Mitch and Ali do it, they gave Allegra the most amazing experience of life and have continued to be the most amazing parents and examples to everyone. This experience has taught me to always be grateful for every person, every opportunity, every challenge. It has shown me that Heavenly Father does know each of us and what we're capable of and loves us. Love you Mitch, Ali, Cairo, Levi, Cameron, Klein and baby Allegra!

4 comments:

Christy and Jason said...

oh Kim, I'm so sad. That little girl was pure love and I felt it everytime I read about her and saw pictures of her. So sorry. My heart goes out to your family at this time. Love you guys so much!

Iris said...

That just makes me so sad Kim. My thoughts & prayers are with your family.

Kammy T said...

I'm so sad to hear your brother and his family lost their sweet baby. You did such a good job writing about it, and I bet they really appreciated your visit!

Unknown said...

I can't even image what that must be like to go through such a tragedy like that. those pictures make me want to cry.