Sunday, November 23, 2008

Twilight!!



So, I thought I would update everyone has to the content of my weekend....aside from reading about vampires, werewolves, etc..., not much. Let me backtrack, I was initially referred to these books by Kim Pee. She was reluctant to recommend it b/c of the whole vampire theme and since neither of us are big into sci fi, but after hearing her rave about it, I thought I would check it out. So, I read Twilight and liked it, but think I read it during a busy time, so didn't fully appreciate it. Well, after hearing about the movie out this weekend and being surrounded by huge Twilight fans in my roomies, decided to give it another read. Fortunately, my roommate Stacy has all the books, so no need to wait and go out and buy the next edition. So, I started Fri. night with the reading, 2 days later and midway through the 3rd book, I'm hooked and very sleep deprived! I still haven't seen the movie, am planning on seeing it tomorrow, so hope it lives up to my expectations, but according to Stacy and Erin, 2 of my roomies, it's definitely worth seeing. Here was the scene around my apt. today:

7 comments:

Taryn said...

I'm glad you're jumping into the Twilight craze! I saw the movie this weekend and liked it, it's just disappointing that they couldn't fit more of the book's story into it. You'll have to let me know what you think! Oh, and I liked the books more and more as the series went on...enjoy the rest of your reading!

Natalie said...

ok, Kim I am not a HUGE Twilight fan just, but did read them all so I could say I did. Bella was so annoying and clingy in the book. I liked Jacob in the first two so I was bummed when Edward came back.

All that being said...I did see the movie opening night with friends and I laughed my butt off the entire time. I had tears. Let's just say the teenagers were not happy with me. When they'd scream "Edward! Oh there he is!", I wanted to hurl. I just know you will be laughing too. Think of me on these parts laughing k? Edward revealing his glittery skin, Edward and Jacob's dad staring eachother down in their vehicles, when Edward calls her "spider monkey" and the funniest part of all.....Edward and Bella's facial expressions when he's sucking the venom out of her arm. She goes cross-eyed and his eyes go wonky. Let's just say VERY bad acting, pitiful special effects and the music....my ears! LOL LOL I can't wait to hear what you think. If anything it's worth going for a great laugh.

catharooni said...

love the books. enjoyed the movie. i amnot into vamps or sci-fi either, but something about her writing grabs me! i also really enjoyed her "adult" novel the host ...

fyi ... the movie has supreme cheese going on, but was still a fun evening!

Justin and Silvia said...

despite my wife's love for these books I just can't bring myself to read them. I did go with her to see the movie which was good. I wasn't expecting much so I was pleasantly surprised. - Justin

Kim P. Edwards said...

Kim - I haven't gone to the movie yet - if you haven't already seen it, we should go when you are in town for Thanksgiving! What a fun weekend - to be reading so much!

Natalie's comments were hilarious! I think I will still love the movie anyway. : )

Kammy T said...

I read the whole series too, and for me the first book is quite a bit better than the others. I think of it as a fun young adult read. I think Bella's obsession with Edward was pretty realistic, and the whole self-control theme is very "mormon."

I saw the movie, and my biggest beef was the white make-up. It managed to make even Peter Facinelli (hot) look weird. I think they should have left the whole glittering skin part out because it was so dumb. I thought Bella's two friends were the best actresses. So funny. Edward grew on me, but I couldn't get into Kristen Stewart. She looked the part of Bella, but was really a terrible actress.

I loved the beautiful scenery, especially when they are up in a tree (I know dumb premise). But it reminds me of my home sweet home. If you think it is beautiful took, book a trip!!!

Abby jones said...

hi kim its abby your still with grandma and grandpa but i thought i would post anyways. i am on the 2 book and cant read any further than that until 7th grade but i love them and cant wait to read on. anyways the movie is great and my friends and i have a huge crush on edward ( you can see by the pic.) any ways visit my blog soon

love ya -abby