Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Edible Turkeys



Happy almost Thanksgiving everyone!!! So, thought I would share this cute T. giving idea that my sis. in law, Ali shared w/our fam forever ago and made these for place settings. Seriously, I still can't get over how creative Ali is. I've now adopted making these w/the kids I work w/every year. It's hilarious! It cracks me up, how no matter the age Preschool to Jr. High, they all seem to have fun making them. This year, me and my friend Youmna, a speech therapist at one of my school's did a group w/some of our jr. high kids and made these.

Here's what you need:

Ingredients:
2 gingersnaps
2 chocolate Chips
1 red hot candy
3 candy corn
1 choc. covered cherry (or similar shaped candy, i buy these b/c they're really cheap and hold less than zero temptation for me :)
and choc. frosting

gobble! gobble!

Am, duh? why didn't i think of this before? :)

3 comments:

brooklyn edwards said...

Those are so cute! I wish I would have seen this post sooner. Thanks for the idea.

Iris said...

I love the idea......and it was GREAT to talk to you =)

Iris said...

PS: I thought your comment about the chocolate covered cherry was HILARIOUS...I feel the SAME way!