Monday, July 13, 2009

Delish....

one of the things I love about summer is so many things are in season to make yummy salads. i made this one for dinner tonight and it was soooo good, so thought i'd share. side note:hate, hate radishes and avocado and it was still great without.

Mexican Chopped Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing

yield: Makes 4 servings

Ingredients
Salad

* 2 1/2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
* 1 can (15.5 oz) black beans, rinsed and well drained
* 3/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
* 3/4 cup chopped peeled jicama
* 3/4 cup fresh corn kernels, uncooked (or frozen or canned)
* 3/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
* Half a ripe avocado, diced
* 1 red bell pepper, chopped
* 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese


Honey-Lime Dressing

* 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 2 tbsp honey
* 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
* 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
* 1 tsp chopped jalapeƱo pepper (use canned for less heat)

Preparation

Toss all salad ingredients in a large bowl. In separate bowl, mix dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over mixture and toss again. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

3 comments:

Kim P. Edwards said...

That sounds so yummy! I can't believe you don't like avocados, though. I will have to try that this summer.

Your family reunion looks like it was so fun too! Your nieces and nephews are beautiful. Lucky Pulley genes. : )

Emalei Ambrosio said...

Kim! I just made this salad and it was super yummy! Thanks for sharing!

Iris said...

Kim, that looks yummy! I think I'll ditch the radishes too..... but I found a love for the good old avacado while living in LA ...... I miss you. I have to see you in August!