Sunday, July 12, 2009

Kick off the Summer.....

































Summer is officially here and it got kicked off in a great way with our Pulley Family Reunion. It was just w/our immediate family, my mom, dad, all 9 of us, spouses and all the nieces and nephews. We figured it has been almost 6 years since we've all been home together at the same time, so needless to say we were all so excited!!

We all packed up the cars and headed up north to the Uintas, to this place called Reid Ranch for the reunion. It was so great, our whole family was able to stay in this huge lodge that had it's own swimming pool and sports court. They had archery, horseback riding, archery, a lake with paddle boats, canoes, etc... and much to the relief of many of the parents, no t.v.'s, no reception for cell phones, no internet, etc.... plus, they took care of all the meals and cleaning. We had campfires every night, where some of the families were in charge of different activities and crafts for the kids. It was seriously so much fun!

At the risk of sounding cheesy, I feel so lucky to have been blessed with the family I have. I love that when we get together, it takes 2 whole days just to get settled down enough to finally talk, I love seeing my brothers and sisters as moms and dads to their own kids, I love that being single, I have a chance to really have quality time w/my cute nieces and nephews, I love that our "in-laws" are just like other brothers and sisters to us, I love that we have a special voice that we revert to when just us girls are together, I love that all of my family are such amazing examples to me, I love that we can make my mom cry by having the grandkids sing a simple primary song, I love that we can laugh, talk, dance like nobody's business when we're together and most of all I love that I can't imagine my life without every single member of my family!

5 comments:

Kammy T said...

KIM! This post just made me tear up a little. You have a great family, and I can relate to so many of those same feelings with my fam. What a great kick off to Summer!

Justin said...

Awesome! We need a to have a Pulley/McLeod reunion one of these years.

Marina and Mike moved here to Santa Cruz and Joe Barton was over with his family and totally remembers the Pulley Klan. He said he was your sunday school class. Do you remember Joe?

catharooni said...

family rocks!! so glad your summer is going well - you need to recharge for the school year!!

Courtney said...

Though I only have two sisters, and four nieces and nephews, I know EXACTLY what you mean about reverting right back into childhood things and special voices when you all get together. So much fun!!

Anonymous said...

Kim, We are also going to Reid Ranch in a couple days with our church group. You said they didn't have cell phone coverage, do you know which cell phone carriers did not work? We were hoping that at least one of our leaders would have a cell phone that would work up there.

Mike Terry
mike-terry@comcast.net