Monday, June 16, 2008

In the merry old land of Oz


I've decided even if you've seen something before, seeing it with friends/family again is priceless because of their reactions, it's like seeing it again for the 1st time. Last Saturday we went and saw "Wicked": I love this show,! Love the music, love the message, love the humor, love it all! Anyway, it was so great, Mark and Beck made the trek all the way down from Folsom with all 5 of the kids and Mind flew in from Salt Lake. The night of the show it was Mark, Beck, Mind, Parker, McCall and I, we went to dinner at a cozy (codeword: dumpy) little Italian place for dinner, Kim Pee should remember this well :) , then stopped off at a Salvation Army store (that could only be in Hollywood: purple wigs, thigh high boots, flame eyeglasses) to find a sweater for Parker since he didn't have one, who knew how chilly it would be? (FYI he didn't end up getting one :) Then we enjoyed the show. I love the Pantages theater, sure it's in kind of a trashy area, but it is so neat and old Hollywood inside. The show was great, especially seeing how into it everyone was. After the show we stopped for pics and lo and behold found the star of a "real legend".

3 comments:

apteaching said...

Love these pics. I love WICKED and am envious you all went togetha. You, Beck and Mindy look like triplets in the bottom picture..its kinda eerie how much you guys look-a-like in that photo...just different hair colors!

Kim P. Edwards said...

How fun, Kim! I can't believe you went to that Italian restaurant again. It wasn't that bad, though. : ) Seeing Wicked with you is a great memory for me - I loved it! I definitely could see it again.

Kim P. Edwards said...

Oh - one more thing.... Pulley girls are the most beautiful girls in the world.